"HAMPTON LUCY, (or Bishop's Hampton), a parish in the Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 4 miles N.E. of Stratford-upon-Avon. Warwick is its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Avon, over which is an iron bridge. It contains the hamlet of Ingon, and formerly belonged to the bishops of Worcester, from whom it derived its original name "Bishop's Hampton". It was afterwards given by Queen Mary to the Lucy family; hence its present name. The village is situated on the road from Stratford to Warwick, which passes through the parish."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]