"HARBERBURY, (or Harbury), a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 3½ miles S.W. of Southam, its post town. It is a station on the Great Western railway. The river Ichene flows through the parish, in which there are some of the deepest railway cuttings in the kingdom. Limestone is quarried for building purposes, and for burning into lime. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £268. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure, with a tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £86 per annum, of which £21 goes to Wagstaffe's school. There is also a National school. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have each a chapel.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]