"HATTON, a parish in the Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 2 miles N.W. of Warwick, and 6 from Kenilworth. It is a station on the Oxford and Birmingham section of the Great Western railway. The parish, which is situated on the Warwick and Birmingham canal, contains the hamlets of Hatton Green, Beausall, and Shrewley. It belonged to Hugh de Hatton, Earl of Warwick, who founded Wroxall Abbey, and endowed it with the church and part of the lands of this manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]