"HILLMORTON, a parish in the Rugby division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 3 miles N.E. of Crick, and 2½ E. of Rugby, its post town and railway station on the London and North-Western line. The manor at the time of the Domesday Survey belonged to Sir Thomas de Ashley, by whom it was sold to the Veres of London. The village, which is very irregular, is situated partly on rising ground and partly on the rivulet running to Creek, which is separated from this parish by the ancient Watling Street."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]