"HONILEY, (or Honily), a parish in the Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 2½ miles W. of Kenilworth, its post town and railway station, and 6 N.W. from Warwick. It belonged to Francis Lord Carrington in 1686. There is no village, only a few scattered farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £150. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum. Mrs. Willes is lady of the manor and chief landowner.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]