"HONINGTON, a parish in the Brailes division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 2 miles N. of Shipston-on-Stour, its post town, and 8 from the Mereton railway station. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is situated on the river Stour, and formerly belonged to the monastery of Coventry. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £130. The church, dedicated to All Saints, was rebuilt at the expense of the late Sir Henry Parker, Bart."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]