"ILMINGTON, a parish in the hundreds of Kington and Kiftsgate, counties Warwick and Gloucester, 4 miles W. of Shipston-on-Stour. It contains the hamlets of Lark Stoke, Compton, Scorpion, and Foxcote. It is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The village is considerable, and part of the inhabitants are employed in winding silk, manufactured at the mills of Blockley and Camden. The railway from Stratford-on-Avon to Morton-in-the-Marsh passes through the parish."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]