"KING'S NEWNHAM, (or Newnham-Regis), a parish in the Rugby division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 4 miles W. by N. of Rugby. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Avon and the Oxford canal, which last passes through the north-eastern angle of the parish. In the village is a once celebrated bath, supplied with water from a chalybeate spring. The living is a vicarage annexed to the rectory* of Church Lawford, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is an ancient edifice, dedicated to St. John the Baptist.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]