"KINWARTON, a parish in the Alcester division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 1¼ mile N.E. of Alcester, its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Avon, and on the road from Alcester to Henleyin-Arden. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The tithes were commuted for land on the enclosure of the parish. The living is a rectory* with the curacies of Weethley and Great Alne annexed, in the diocese of Worcester, value £490, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is a small structure dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce £1 per annum. A National school was built in the parish of Great Alne in 1840."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]