"LADBROKE, (or Ladbrooke), a parish in the S. division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 2 miles S. of Southam, its post town, and 1½ mile from the Southam Road and Harbury railway stations. The village, which is small, is situated on the road from Oxford to Coventry. The parish is within the jurisdiction of the county court of Southam. It contains the extra parochial places of Upper and Lower Hodnel, Upper and Lower Radbourn, and Watergall. The Oxford and Coventry and the Warwick and Knapton canals pass within 2 miles of the village."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]