"LAPWORTH, a parish in the Warwick division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 3 miles N. of Henleyin-Arden, and 6 from the Kingswood railway station. It is situated on the Birmingham and Stratford canal, and near the Birmingham and Oxford railway. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. It is a meet for the North Warwickshire hounds. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £350."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]