"LEA MARSTON, a parish in the Atherstone division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 4 miles N. of Coleshill, its post town, and 10 from Birmingham. It is a small agricultural parish, situated on the river Tame and near the Fazeley canal, and Birmingham and Derby railway. It contains the hamlet of Marston, and has a good light soil. A portion of the land is in meadow. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1775."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]