"LEAMINGTON-HASTINGS, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 6 miles S.W. of Rugby, 4 N.E. of Southam, its post town, and 1½ mile from the Budingbury station on the Rugby and Leamington branch of the London and North-Western railway. The parish, which is wholly agricultural, is situated on the W. bank of the river Leam, which, rising near Nethercote, takes a circuitous course of 24 miles to the W., past Maston and Leamington Priors, and joins the river Avon near Warwick."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]