"LEAMINGTON PRIORS, (or Royal Leamington Spa), a parish, market town, and inland watering-place, in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 2 miles S.E. of Warwick, and 91 N.W. of London by road, or 97¾ by the London and North-Western railway, and 105½ by the Great Western railway. The goods station of the North-Western railway is situated in the adjoining parish of Milverton, where is also a station on the Leamington and Coventry line. Previous to the commencement of the present century it was a small agricultural village, but is now a flourishing town."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]