"LEEK-WOOTTON, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 2 miles N. of Warwick, its post town, 4 N.W. of Leamington, and 1½ mile S. of the Kenilworth railway station. The village, which is small, is situated near the river Avon, and on the road leading from Warwick to Coventry. The hamlet of Hill Wootton is included in this parish The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The soils consist of loam, gravel, and clay."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]