"LIGHTHORNE, a parish in the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 3½ miles N.E. of Kineton, its post town, and 4 from the Harbury railway station. The village, which is small, is situated near the ancient Fosse Way. This place is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £327. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £322. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. There is a school for both sexes supported by Lord Willoughby."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]