"LILLINGTON, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 1½ mile N.E. of Leamington, its post town and railway station, and 3 miles N.E. of Warwick. The village, which is small, is situated near the river Avon and Napton canal, and is chiefly agricultural. There are some brick-kilns. Sandstone is quarried for building purposes. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £167."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]