"LITTLE PACKINGTON, (or Packington-Parva), a parish in the Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 1 mile W. of Packington Magna, and 9 miles W. by N. of Coventry, its post town. It is a small village, having no high road or traffic through it. The parish is intersected by the river Blyth. The tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents under an Enclosure Act in 1818. The living is a rectory* annexed to the vicarage of Packington-Magna, in the diocese of Worcester, value £66. The church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, is an ancient structure, with a square wooden tower containing three bells. The parochial charities produce about £16 per annum, of which 10s. is Shakespeare's bequest for the poor. The Earl of Stamford is lord of the manor.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]