"LOWER SHUCKBURGH, (or Shuckborough), a parish in the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 4½ miles E. of Southam. Daventry is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Oxford canal, and is wholly agricultural. Mr. Drake's hounds meet in this parish. There are some sand pits. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, annexed to the vicarage of Priors' Hardwick. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. There is a free school for both sexes.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]