"LOXLEY, a parish in the Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 4 miles E. of Stratford-upon-Avon, and 8 S. of Warwick, its post town. The village, though very small, is ancient, being named in the Domesday survey. It appears to have been possessed by the monastic establishments of Kenilworth and Worcester. The surface is in general hilly, and the soil a sandy loam, alternating with clay, on a subsoil of limestone."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]