"MILVERTON, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 2 miles N.E. of Warwick, and 1 mile N. of Leamington, of which it maybe considered a suburb. It is a station on the Leamington and Coventry section of the London and North-Western railway. The village, which contains some villa residences is situated in a sheltered spot on the eastern bank of the river Avon, which at this point makes an extensive sweep. The land is fertile and highly cultivated. The parish includes the hamlet of Emscote, or Edmonscott, and the goods station belonging to the London and North-Western railway for the towns of Leamington and Warwick."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]