"NEWBOLD-PACEY, a parish in the Warwick division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 5 miles S.W. of Warwick, 6 N.E. of Stratford, and 5½ N. by W. of Kington, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on a branch of the river Avon, and is chiefly agricultural. The parish contains the hamlet of Ashorne. It derives its present name from the ancient family of the Paceys, to whom it formerly belonged. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £639, in the patronage of Queen's College, Oxford. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to St. George. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum. There is a British school, also a place of worship for the Independents."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]