"NORTON-LINDSEY, a parish in the Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 3½ miles S.W. of Warwick, its post town. The village, which, is of small extent acid wholly agricultural, is situated between the roads from Henley and Stratford-on-Avon to Warwick. The rectorial tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £121 10s. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Claverdon, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]