"OFFCHURCH, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 3 miles E. of Leamington, its post town, and 5 N.E. of Warwick. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Leam, and near the line of the North-Western railway. The Warwick and Napton canal and the Roman Fosse Way intersect on the southern boundary of the parish. It formerly belonged to the Mercian kings, and subsequently to the priory of Coventry. The Warwickshire hounds meet in the neighbourhood."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]