"OXHILL, a parish in the Kington division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 4 miles S.W. of Kington, its post town, and 5 N.E. of Shipston-on-Stour. The village, which is of small extent, and is wholly agricultural, is situated in a valley through which flows a branch of the river Stour. The Warwickshire hounds meet in the neighbourhood. The tithes were commuted for land and an annual money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1797. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £254. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is an ancient stone structure with a low square tower containing three bells. The chancel has recently been restored, and has a stained E. window. There is a free school, also a Sunday-school. The Wesleyans have a place of worship, with a mixed school adjoining."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]