"PILLERTON-PRIORS, a parish in the Brailes division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 4 miles W. by S. of Kington. It was formerly a separate parish, but is now in conjunction with that of Pillerton-Hersey, from which it is distant about 1 mile to the S. The road from Banbury to Stratford-on-Avon and also the Roman Fosse Way traverse the parish. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. Pillerton-Priors formerly belonged to Kenilworth Priory, from which circumstance it received the adjunct to its name."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]