"POLESWORTH, a parish and market town in the Tamworth division of Hemlingford hundred, county Warwick, 4½ miles S.E. of Tamworth, its post town, and 4 N.W. of Atherstone. It is a station on the North-Western railway. The parish, which is extensive, is situated on the Coventry canal and on the river Anker. It comprises the chapelry of Warton, and hamlets of Dordon, Freasley, Hall End, and Quarry Hill, also the manors of Pooley and Bramcote."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]