"PRESTON-BAGGOT, a parish in the Henley division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 2 miles S.E. of Henley-in-Arden, its post town, and 3 W. of the Hatton railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Birmingham and Stratford canal, at the bridge over a branch of the river Alne. It is wholly agricultural. The land is partly in common. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £342, and there are 20 acres of glebe. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £385. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The parochial charities consist of some poor's land. There is a Sunday-school entirely supported by the clergyman."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]