"PRIORS HARDWICK, a parish in the Burton-Dassett division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 5 miles S.E. of Southam, and 4 N.E. of Fenny Compton. The parish is intersected by the Oxford canal, near the borders of the county. The village is small, and chiefly agricultural. The living is a vicarage*, value with the curacies of Priors Marston and Lower Shuckburgh annexed, £480. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient structure. The charities produce about £2 per annum.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]