"PRIORS MARSTON, a parish in the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 5 miles S.E. of Southam, and 4 N.E. of the Fenny Compton railway station. The Oxford canal passes through the parish, and on its banks is a spacious wharf. The village, which is considerable but chiefly agricultural, is situated near the border of the county. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Worcester, value £220. The charities produce about £40 per annum, bequeathed for educational purposes.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]