"RADFORD-SEMELE, a parish in the Kenilworth division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 1¾ mile E. of Leamington, its nearest railway station and post town, and 4 miles E. of Warwick. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Napton and Warwick canal, and is chiefly agricultural. The soil consists of loam and clay, with a subsoil of clay. The living is a vicarage * in the diocese of Worcester, value £136. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is an ancient structure, with a tower containing four bells. The chancel was restored in 1833, and three stained windows were inserted in 1837. The register dates from 1565. The parochial charities produce about £17 per annum. There is a village school for both sexes. F. E. Williams, Esq., is lord of the manor and principal landowner."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]