"ROWINGTON, a parish in the Henley division of Barlichway hundred, county Warwick, 6 miles N.W. of Warwick, its post town, and 9 from Kenilworth. The parish, which is considerable, is intersected by the Stratford-on-Avon and Warwick and Birmingham canals, and is wholly agricultural. The parish comprises the hamlets of Pinley, High Cross, and Kingswood. The glebe comprises 40 acres, valued at £80 per annum. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £116. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is a cruciform structure, with a square tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £232, part of which goes to the support of the school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]