"RYTON-UPON-DUNSMORE, a parish in the Rugby division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 4½ miles S.E. of Coventry, its post town, and 2 S.W. of Brandon railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Avon, and is wholly agricultural. A portion of the inhabitants are employed in ribbon-weaving. It is a meet for the North Warwick hounds. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1761. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, value £113, in the patronage of the Prebend of Ryton, in the cathedral of Lichfield. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, has a square tower containing three bells. The interior of the church contains several monuments of antiquity. The register dates from 1662. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]