"SHERBORNE, a parish in the Snitterfield division of Barlichway hundred, county Warwick, 2½ miles S.W. of Warwick, its post town, and 102 from London. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Avon, and is wholly agricultural. The road from Warwick to Stratford-upon-Avon passes through the village. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, value £110. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains several monumental inscriptions. There are day and Sunday schools, supported by Mrs. and Miss Ryland."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]