"STIVICHALL, a parish in the city of Coventry, county Warwick, 1½ mile S.W. of Coventry, its post town, and 4 miles from Kenilworth. The village is situated on a branch of the London and North-Western railway. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, value £90. The church, dedicated to St. James, was rebuilt in 1817, the expense being defrayed by the late A. R. Gregory, Esq., of Stivichall Hall."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]