"STRETTON-ON-THE-FOSS, a parish in the Brailes division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, also containing some places in the county of Gloucestershire, 4 miles from Moreton, its post town, and 3 W. of Shipston. The parish includes the hamlets of Longford and Lower Ditchford, which latter had once a friary. There is a salt spring in the neighbourhood, The surface is hilly, and the soil chiefly a stiff clay. The living is a rectory* with that of Ditchford annexed, in the diocese of Worcester, value £288. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, was rebuilt in 1841. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum. There are day and Sunday schools."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]