"STRETTON-UPON-DUNSMORE, a parish in the Rugby division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 2½ miles S. of Brandon railway station, and 6 S.E. of Coventry, its post town. The village is on the Roman Fosse Way and Dunsmore Heath. At Knightlow Hill, near the boundary of the parish, is an ancient stone called Knightlow Cross, one of the oldest memorials of feudal tenure existing. The parish includes the township of Princethorpe with St. Mary's priory."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]