"STUDLEY, a parish in the Alcester division of Barlichway hundred, county Warwick, 4 miles N.W. of Alcester, and 6 S.W. of Henley-in-Arden. The village is on the river Arrow, and on the road from Birmingham to Alcester. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in the needle and fish-hook manufactories. The parish includes the hamlet of Mapleborough, with the ruins of an Austin priory founded by Peter Corbezon or De Studley, in Stephen's time, as a cell to Wicton or Wick."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]