"TEMPLE GRAFTON, a parish in the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 3 miles S.E. of Alcester, its post town, and 4 W. of Stratford-on-Avon. It includes the townships of Grafton-Arden and Hilborough. The Knights Templars and Hospitallers successively held possession of the manor, and Shakspeare styles it "Hungry Grafton". There are good quarries of stone in this parish. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, value £93. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There are small charities amounting to £1 per annum. The Baptists have a chapel."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]