"TYSOE, a parish in the Kington division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 4½ miles S.E. from Kineton, or Kington, its post town, and 10 from Banbury. The parish is divided into Upper and Lower Tysoe, and includes the hamlet of Westcote. The village is situated opposite the hill on which is cut the figure of a horse, 50 feet in length, in the red sandstone rock, and which gives to the adjacent low lands the name of the Vale of Red Horse."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]