"UFTON, a parish in the Kenilworth division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 2½ miles W. of Southam, its post town, and 1 mile from Harbury railway station. The village is situated on an eminence. The Warwickshire hounds meet in this parish. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, value £200, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, has been restored. There is a school of recent erection."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]