"WASPERTON, a parish in the Warwick division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 4 miles S.W. of Warwick, its post town, and 103 from London. The village is situated on the river Avon. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £230, in the patronage of the Rector of Hampton Lucy. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, has been recently restored and enlarged. It was formerly a chapel-of-ease to Hampton Lucy, at which place the free grammar school is open to children of this parish. The parochial charities produce about £10 per annum. There is a National school, supported by the incumbent."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]