"WEDDINGTON, a parish in the Atherstone division of Hemlingford hundred, county Warwick, 1 mile N. of Nuneaton, its railway station and post town, and the same distance from the Coventry railway station. The village is situated on the river Anker, near the Trent Valley railway, Coventry canal, and Watling Street. The soil is generally marshy. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £278. The church is dedicated to St. James. Weddington Castle is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]