"WESTON-UPON-AVON, a parish partly in the Alcester division of Barlichway hundred, county Warwick, but chiefly in the upper division of Kiftsgate hundred, county Gloucester, 4 miles S.W. of Stratford-on-Avon, and 6 from the Honeybourne station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton railway. The village is situated on the Avon, which is navigable to Tewkesbury. The parish comprises the tythings of Weston and Milcote. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester, value £90. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The local charities produce about £12 per annum, the endowment of Eden's school. Earl Amherst is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]