"WHATCOTE, a parish in the Brails division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 4 miles N.E. of Shipton-on-Stour. The parish includes the hamlet of Kirby. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £213. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. In the churchyard is an old cross, now surmounted by a sundial and weathercock. There is a Sunday-school. Captain H. K. Peach, Esq., of Idlicote House, is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]