"WHITCHURCH, a parish in the detached portion of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 4½ miles S.E. of Stratford-on-Avon, its nearest post town and railway station. It is situated near the river Stour, and includes the small hamlets of Bruton, or Broughton, Crimscott, Wimpstone, and Whitchurch. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £340. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. J. R. West, Esq., is lord of the manor and principal landowner."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]