"WHITNASH, a parish in the Kenilworth division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, half a mile S.E. of Leamington-Priors, and 3 miles S.E. of Warwick. The village is situated within half a mile of the Warwick and Knapton canal. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £320. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, contains two brasses, the earliest bearing date 1503. There is a National school, The charities produce about £3 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]