"WILLEY, a parish in the Kirby division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 3½ miles W. of Lutterworth, and 6 N. of Rugby. The parish is situated on the line of the ancient Watling Street, and close to the Midland Counties railway. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £300, in the patronage of the crown. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, has been recently repaired. The register dates from 1661. The Earl of Denbigh is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]