"WOLFHAMCOTE, a parish in the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 3 miles N.W. of Daventry. The parish comprises the hamlets of Flecnoe, Nethercote, and Sawbridge. It was formerly more populous than at present, and is mentioned in Domesday Survey as Ulfelmcote. The Oxford canal passes through the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value £90. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The Wesleyans have a chapel. There is a National school, built in 1848."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]