"WOLFORD, a parish in the Brails division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 4 miles S.W. of Shipston. The parish, which is situated on the river Stour, comprises the township of Great Wolford and the hamlet of Little Wolford. The land is chiefly in the possession of Sir G. Phillips, Bart. The Warwickshire hounds meet at Wolford Wood. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value with Burmington, £480, in the patronage of Merton College. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, was rebuilt in 1833. There are day and Sunday schools. The charities produce about £5 per annum.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]